Marching Along

By Ben Stachowicz

Graphics by Isabelle Manalo

Its your last day of school, your house is a maze of boxes, and your dad is deployed in a war zone. It’s the middle of January and you have to go to a new state and a new school. For a large population of our school Such as Najaa Doughty this is a reality. In this article we will explore the life of our peers, and friends.

Najaa Doughty is a senior whose father is in the Army. Her father joined when she was eight years old, and he was deployed twice, one to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. Doughty commented on the stress that deployments can have on a family “Being without my dad it kinda caused family problems”. Missing a family member an take a toll on the family structure. It also makes it worse when a person is worried or concerned about a loved one who is overseas in a combat zone. Doughty also commented on her personal struggles as a military child “I think the hardest part is moving, it’s hard because you have to start all over from scratch”. Doughty has had to move to four different places, Washington, Georgia, Texas, and Germany. It can be very difficult to have to readjust to the new places, and even more difficult to make new friends.

Aiyana Leetch is a junior whose father is retired army and brother is active duty army. Leetch says “I didn’t really understand it that much it was really hard but, it just seemed like a new start all the time”. Leetch has moved more than seven times to places like North Carolina, California, and Germany. While moving can be difficult some people enjoy it and view it as a fresh start. She also said “I think {being a military brat} it’s actually convinced me to join the army”. For many military kids the lifestyle has caused them to want to join the military. Many people our age feel a sense of duty to serve their country.

Being made to move every 3 years can be difficult for many people so go and say hi to the new student in class or invite them for lunch.  

1. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be
    grateful to you.

2. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I’m inspired!

Extremely helpful information particularly the ultimate part 🙂
    I handle such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

3. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss
    and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your
    work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot
    me an e-mail.

4. Nice weblog right here! Additionally your website
    rather a lot up fast! What host are you using? Can I
    am getting your associate hyperlink for your host? I want my website loaded up
    as fast as yours lol

5. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
    my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear
    and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it
    pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this
    is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

6. I was extremely pleased to discover this page. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
    I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you saved to
    fav to look at new information on your site.

7. I’m no longer positive the place you are getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or figuring out more.

Thanks for great information I used to be looking for this information for my
    mission.

8. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
    but I’m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share.
    Appreciate it!

9. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it
    seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

10. obviously like your web-site but you need to test the spelling on several of your
    posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues
    and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the
    reality however I’ll definitely come back again.

11. of course like your website but you need to take a look at the spelling on quite
    a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to
    inform the truth nevertheless I’ll surely come back again.

12. That is really interesting, You’re an overly professional blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and stay up for in the hunt for
    extra of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks plenty of fish natalielise

13. Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this
    post i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible article.
    plenty of fish natalielise

14. I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing problems with your
    website. It seems like some of the written text within your content are
    running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and
    let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a issue with my browser because
    I’ve had this happen previously. Kudos

15. Does your site have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but,
    I’d like to shoot you an email. I’ve got some recommendations for your
    blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great
    blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.